Cris Escarrilla MSN, BSN, RN
Nurse Leader/Administrator of the Year
- Currently the Interim Director of Nursing in Ambulatory Care at San Ysidro Health overseeing 26 primary care clinics and leading the establishment of Covid Testing sites.
- Served as Medical Office Administrator, Kaiser Permanente (KP) Bonita Clinic for over 10 years.
- Excellent Transformational Leader who led KP Bonita Clinic ranked #1 in San Diego and #2 in Southern California.
- Director of Quality and Complete Care Management, Kaiser Permanente San Diego prior to retirement in 2015.
- Received multiple Leadership Awards in her 40+ years nursing career.
- Awarded the South Bay Nurse of the Year by the National City Chamber of Commerce Centurion Awards in 2020.
- Education Committee Chairman of PNASD- coordinates continuing education opportunities and Covid-19 community education.
- Participates in many PNASD events and volunteers in Covid-19 vaccination programs.
- Completed the 2021 PNA Leadership Development Program and was among the top 5 of 39 graduates. Chosen as a Speaker at the next PNA convention to present her Leadership project.
- Submitted an Abstract on her work with the Student Leadership Council of PNASD and was approved for PNA publication.