PNASD 2021 Scholarship Application
The Philippine Nurses Association of San Diego County, Inc. (PNASD) is offering scholarship awards to students currently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June, 14, 2021.
A. Scholarship Award is being offered to the following nursing degrees:
• Undergraduate (Associate’s or Bachelor’s)
• Graduate (Master’s and Doctoral)
• LVN-RN Step-up program
B. Criteria for application are:
• Must complete the Scholarship Application
• Must be a first-time recipient of an award from PNASD
• Must be currently enrolled or have been accepted into an accredited nursing program and enrolled in the 2021-2022 academic year. Provide proof of enrollment in the nursing program.
• Must demonstrate a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 from previous semester.
• Must provide two letters of recommendation one from a faculty in the nursing program where student was previously enrolled in and one from an employer or person who have known applicant for over 5 years excludes relatives.
• Must be a resident of Imperial County, North County, or San Diego County of California
• Must have 20 hours of community involvement. Provide proof of volunteer service and hours completed.
• Must provide a 300 words essay on “ Persevering Through the Covid-19 Pandemic”
• Must be a current active member of PNASD at the time of application.
• Must be present to receive the Certificate of Scholarship Award at the Virtual Scholarship and the Nurse Excellence Day.
C. Submit the following documents with your APPLICATION
• A copy of your transcript or a letter of acceptance into the program if applicant has not started attending program until semester following awarding of scholarship. (Note: A full transcript of course work from the undergraduate program is required if student is just beginning as a graduate student at the time of application.
• 2 Letters of Recommendation
• Verification of community involvement (A letter from the organization verifying volunteer community activities, certificate of participation or recognition, time sheets are all acceptable)
• Essay (300 words) on the topic of “Persevering through the Covid-19 Pandemic”
Applications on-line. All applicants will be notified of the results by June 21, 2021. Qualified applicants will be interviewed by members of the scholarship committee via Zoom Meeting. Incomplete applications will not be honored. PNASD is an inclusive organization, creating an environment where implicit bias is acknowledged and managed across the organization. PNASD respects inclusive diversity and impose equality & equity to all members.
D. Applicants’ Responsibility
• Completed application must be received at exact deadline June 14, 2021
• Applicant will be contacted via email after all the process of selection is completed.
• Contact the Scholarship Committee Chairperson _Cris Escarrilla at email@example.com for your availability for interview.
Download the Scholarship Application
*Applications must be submitted online through the google form at the link above.*